Tacos & Beer
El Patron’s Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
- 10 (31/40 size) small shrimp
- 1 whole avocado
- orange slice
- cucumber slices
- 2 tbsp butter
- chipotle seasoning (house secret blend)
- sliced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 4-5 pieces of cut lime
- First clean your shrimp under cold water.
- Dice the shrimp into smaller pieces, place aside.
- Heat up your pan and add 2 tbsp butter to melt.
- Pour in the chipotle seasonings (house secret blend) and add fresh sliced garlic and diced onions.
- Cook on medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the diced shrimp and cook for 5 additional minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slice the fresh avocado and remove the skins and seed.
- Place lettuce on the plate with a twisted orange slice and fresh sliced cucumber.
- Cut avocado in half and place on plate next to salad and top with the cooked marinated shrimp. Enjoy!
- one cold mug
- 1-12 oz Blvd Pilsner
- 3 oz bloody mary mix (or tomato juice mixture or clamato)
- 1/2 fresh lime
- spicy salt
- salt and pepper
- Rim glass with spicy salt mixture.
- Fill cold mug 1/2 full with ice.
- Squeeze a lime into the ice then add salt and pepper.
- Pour bloody mary/tomato juice mixture mix over the top and serve with a fresh opened beer.
A few things about the Owners and El Patron:
Arturo Cabral and Estela have been in business on the blvd since 1997.
El Patron Cocina and Bar was founded and opened on September 1st, 2006. While utilizing family recipes to serve people an authentic Mexican food taste, it became quite popular fairly quickly. Arturo and Estela both participate in the community with sponsorship’s for local sports, several church organizations and of course, the health clinics/community in the area who service Kansas City, such as Southwest Boulevard Family Health Care. We will be sponsoring the taco bars being used in the Tacos and Beer event on Wednesday, June 25th. Hope to see you there!