Pregnant mother of four dies after backyard bee stings

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Harkins family | WTVR, courtesy Ashley Schulzetenberg

SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. — A pregnant mother of four died earlier this week after she was stung by bees while working in her backyard.

According to WTVR-TV, Sarah Marie Schulzetenberg Harkins, 32, suffered an allergic reaction from the bee stings, causing a brain aneurysm. She died at the hospital. Her unborn baby, named Cecilia Rachel, also passed away.

harkins1Her obituary said Harkins was a devoted wife and mother and an active member in her church.

In the days following her death, more than $100,000 has been donated to her surviving family, which include her husband Eric and four children, Liam, 7; Analee, 5; Jude 3 and one-year-old Mary Faustina.

Read more from WTVR.