KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Parking at Arrowhead Stadium will be a little different for the club's first preseason game on Thursday, August 7, and if you aren't prepared, it could throw you for a loop, so to speak.
On Wednesday, the Chiefs announced enhancements to the parking operation.
The news release said the changes come "after a significant, encompassing review of traffic and parking issues facing fans on gameday."
The changes include:
- All traffic will flow in a counter-clockwise direction on Dubiner Circle (all traffic moves to the right)
- Parking gate entry and type of parking pass will determine the parking lot a vehicle will park in (cars will be directed to the nearest lot with spaces available).
- Only guests with prepaid parking passes will be allowed to enter through Gate 5. Prepaid parking can be purchased for $27 at the Chiefs Ticket Office or by calling (816) 920-4237.There will be no cash parking at Gate 5 due to heavy traffic congestion.
- Gold parking and Red parking passes will no longer be lot-specific – a Gold pass will be able to park in the Gold area of the nearest parking lot to the gate entrance. Similarly, a Red pass will allow cars into the nearest Red lot to the gate entrance.
- Individuals who wish to park multiple cars nearby in the same lot are encouraged to arrive through the same gate entrance at the same time in order to secure close parking spots.
Fans are encouraged to purchase their general parking passes in advance to decrease the time spent at parking tollgates and help expedite the parking process for all gameday visitors. General parking passes can be purchased in advance for $27 at the Chiefs Ticket Office or by calling (816) 920-4237. General parking on gameday will be $30 at Gates 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7. Due to heavy traffic congestion at Gate 5, there will be no cash parking purchases.
These alterations will be in place for the club’s first preseason game on Thursday, August 7 as the Chiefs take on the Cincinnati Bengals at 7 p.m. at Arrowhead Stadium.
Chiefs Season Ticket Members and all Chiefs fans with questions about the parking changes can email or call:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (816) 920-4237.
Fans may also find more information at http://goarrowhead.com/parking.