Skinny Pizza Pinwheels
Makes 8 servings
- 1 pkg of reduced fat crescent roll dough
- ½ cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup mini turkey pepperonis
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the dough out over the prepared baking sheet, gently pulling on all four corners of the dough to stretch the dough out a bit.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce, seasonings, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Spread mixture out over the dough, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Starting at the long end of the dough, start rolling until dough is rolled into a long skinny log.
- Cut into eight even rolls.
- Arrange the rolls swirl-side-up on the baking sheet, and bake for 15-17 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping if desired.
(Note: If you cannot find seamless crescent dough, you can buy reduced fat crescent rolls and use a rolling pin to seal the "seams" together.)
Nutritional information per serving: 120 calories, 6 g fat, 13 g carbohydrates, 1 g sugar, 5 g protein