Black Bean Chocolate Fudge Balls
Makes 12 balls
- 2/3 cup cooked or canned black beans
- 2 1/2 tsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Dark chocolate chips
- Canola oil
- Drain beans and rinse VERY well.
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Refrigerate until the mixture is firm enough to roll into balls with your hands.
- Once rolled into 12 balls, return to the refrigerator and thoroughly cool.
- To make chocolate coating carefully melt chocolate chips with a tiny bit of oil to make a sauce in a microwave on a low setting, checking and stirring after each 30 seconds. If the sauce is becomes too thick, very gently heat until it thins out.
- Line a plate with parchment or wax paper, dip chilled balls into the chocolate, then place on the lined plate and immediately return to the refrigerator to allow the coating to set.
- Store in a covered container for up to a week. Or freeze, being sure to fully thaw before eating.
Nutritional information per serving (1 piece of candy): Calories 23; Total fat 1.1 g; Saturated fat .9 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 12 mg; Carbohydrates 2.9 g; Fiber .7g; Protein 1.1 g
(Source Chocolate-Covered Katie: The Healthy Dessert Blog)