Arugula Strawberry Orange Salad
Serves: 6, Total Time: 20 minutes
All you need:
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 1/2 bulb fennel
- 1 Cara Cara orange
- 4 large ripe strawberries
All you do:
1. In a large salad bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and salt. Set aside.
2. Rinse the arugula and dry thoroughly.
3. Lay the half fennel bulb flat on a cutting surface and slice thinly.
4. Put the sliced fennel in the dressing. Gently but thoroughly toss the fennel and coat it evenly with the dressing. Add the arugula and toss to evenly coat those leaves as well.
5. Cut off the ends of the orange, revealing the flesh under the pith. Set the orange on one of the cut ends and cut off the peel and pith. Cut the orange cross-wise into 1/4-inch slices. Divide the slices evenly between 4 to 6 salad plates. Top the oranges evenly with the arugula-fennel salad.
6. Slice the strawberries lengthwise into about 1/4-inch thick slices. Arrange the strawberries on top of or alongside the salads. Serve immediately.