Dryer catches fire, causes extensive damage to Lee’s Summit home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Fire

LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — A dryer caught fire and caused extensive damage to a home Sunday night .

The fire broke out just before 9 p.m. in the 1300 block of Tyler Lane.

According to a spokesperson for the fire department, someone in the home called 911 to report that the dryer was on fire.

When first responders arrived on scene, they found the family safe outside of the home.

Fire crews said the fire caused extensive damage to the home.

Fire crews on scene said they were able to have the fire under control  within 45 minutes.

No injuries have been reported, according to a press release from the Lee’s Summit fire department.

Investigators were still looking into why the dryer caught on fire.