KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Firefighters were sent to a house fire in the 5500 block of Jaudon on Wednesday night where one man was injured.
The man is said to be between 30 and 40 years old; he suffered burns and smoke inhalation and was taken to a hospital. The victim was breathing on his own in the ambulance.
Firefighters say the home didn't have a working smoke detector and remind you to consistently check your smoke alarm's battery, and if you don't have an alarm, get one. FOX 4 will continue to follow developments with this story and provide updates as more details are learned.