KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Simple but delicious. Mary's magic cobbler can be made in minimal time and then tossed in the oven while you enjoy dinner. When dinner is over, pull the cobbler out of the oven and you have a warm dessert for you and your guests.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup granulated sugar, divided
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 3/4 cup fruit of your choice
Ground nutmeg or cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- As oven heats, melt butter in a 9 x 13 glass baking pan.
- In mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and milk. Mix well.
- Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir.
- Place fruit on top of batter. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of sugar over the top. Sprinkle nutmeg or cinnamon over top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve with ice cream or whip cream.