KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- On Saturday July 11, Weston will be filled with freckles, fair skin and redheads. The redhead rally takes place downtown. Founder, Terry Kast and two members of The Farmer’s House, which serves adults with disabilities, visited FOX 4 to chat about the rally and share a few recipes for redhead-inspired treats.
The rally is from noon to 8 p.m. on Main Street in Weston. Click here to learn more.
Farmer's House Redhead Rally cookies
1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 10 oz jar maraschino cherries, drained and rough chopped
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees and grease cookie sheet.
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and flour. (Mixture will be stiff)
- Stir in chopped cherries.
- Form into balls and place on sheets 2 inches apart.
- Make a thumb print in each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes, do not let brown.
- Fill thumb print with Farmer's House Red Raspberry Jam
- Eat and be amazed