Jasper Mirabile’s Limoncello
• 2 bottles vodka
• 20 lemons
• 2 cups water
• 4 cups sugar
- Wash and peel 20 lemons and reserve all juice.
- In a 2-quart pot, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large container, add vodka and simple syrup.
- Add juice of lemons and lemon peeling.
- Store in cool dry area for 2 weeks.
- Remove lemon peelings and place in miniature decorative bottles.
- Store in refrigerator.
Jasper’s Note: To make Crema Limoncello, just add 1/4 cup Eagle Brand Condensed Milk to 1 cup limoncello, stir, place in bottle and shake.
Jasper’s Limoncello Pasta
• 1 pound penne pasta
• 1 cup grated peccorino Romano
• 1 lemon, grated
• 1/2 cup limoncello
• 2 cups cream
• 3/4 cup chives
• Cracked pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Chop chives and reserve.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter and saute chives and lemon rind.
- Add limoncello and reduce in pan.
- Add cream and cheese and bring to a light boil.
- Season with salt and cracked pepper.
- Add pasta and toss.
- Serve with more grated lemon and cracked pepper.