KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Eating healthy can help you feel better and function at your prime. Representatives from Dole visited FOX 4 on Thursday, Aug. 25 to share some of their favorite recipes featured in the Get up and Grow campaign.
Brussels Sprouts & Grilled Pineapple Salad
TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN.
MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
1 cup fresh DOLE® Tropical Gold® Pineapple wedges
12 oz. DOLE Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
3/4 cup DOLE Blueberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons smoked almonds, chopped
2 oz. manchego cheese, shaved
- Grill pineapple wedges. Remove from heat and dice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, pineapple and blueberries in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine lemon juice, grated lemon peel, honey and olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk until blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over s Toss gently to coat evenly.
- Divide salad evenly between six serving plates and top each with smoked almonds and cheese.
Tip: Use a vegetable peeler to shave cheese into strips.
PREP TIME: 20 MIN.
MAKES: 8 SERVINGS
2/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 DOLE® Banana, peeled
1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon honey
8 toasted whole grain baguette slices
1-1/4 cups sliced DOLE Strawberries
1 cup DOLE Spring Mix
1-1/2 tablespoons Honey Balsamic Dressing (see below)
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Combine together ricotta cheese and banana. Stir in grated lemon peel and honey.
- Spread ricotta mixture over toasted baguette slices and shingle sliced strawberries on top.
- Tuck several spring mix greens under strawberry slices, securing them on the toast.
- Drizzle with honey balsamic dressing and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Honey Balsamic Dressing: Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon chopped DOLE Green Onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN.
MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
3 DOLE® Premium Celery Hearts, trimmed and chopped
1 DOLE Banana, peeled and sliced
1 cup diced, fresh DOLE Tropical Gold®Pineapple
1 apple or pear, cored and chopped
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut water
1 cup ice cubes
1 teaspoon honey, optional
banana slices, optional garnish
celery leaves, optional garnish
- Combine celery, banana, pineapple, apple, coconut water, ice and honey in blender or food processor. Cover; blend until smooth. Garnish with banana slice and celery leaves, if desired.
Café Banana Frappe
TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN.
MAKES: 2 SERVINGS
3 shots espresso or 2 tablespoons instant espresso with ½ cup boiling water, cooled
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 DOLE® Banana, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons honey, optional
1 cup ice
- Combine espresso, almond milk, banana, honey, and ice in blender. Cover; blend until smooth. Divide mixture between two glasses.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.