Open-faced egg sandwich recipe
- 1 Hy-Vee large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Hy-Vee diced low-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh chives or 2 tsp dried chives
- 1 slice whole wheat or gluten-free bread, toasted
- 2 slices tomato
- 4 slices avocado (optional)
1. Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add egg and cook, without stirring, until the egg starts to set around the edges, about 30 seconds. Add cheese and chives and cook, folding the cheese into the egg, until fluffy and set, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more. Place on toast and top with tomato and avocado (optional).
Nutrition Facts per serving: 262 calories, 10g fat, 4g saturated fat, 206mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 16g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 4g sugars, 26g protein. Daily values: 19% vitamin A, 15% vitamin C, 61% calcium, 10% iron.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.