KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The new fall menu is out for Seasons 52 and one of the executive chefs, Drue Kennedy, and managing partner Jake Johnston visited FOX 4 on Tuesday, Sept. 6 to share a sneak peek.
- Gin 1 fl oz
- Sweet Vermouth 1 fl oz
- Grapefruit Shrub (homemade or your favorite brand) 1 fl oz
- Campari Liquor ½ fl oz
- Candied Grapefruit Peel, Garnish 1 ea
- Place all ingredients in metal tin
- Fill metal tin 2/3 with ice
- Cap the metal tin and shake vigorously for 15-seconds
- Strain contents into iced filled chilled highball glass
8 pieces (2 full slices) Bosco pear slice, cut and stored in lemonade
1.5 oz. Lemonade
1/2 oz. St.Germaine Elderflower Liquor
1.5 oz. Absolut pear vodka
1 each Bosco pear slice, 1/8 inch thick for garnish
1 each Thyme sprig, for garnish
Muddle pear slices in lemonade 4-5 times to break up pear in shaker
- Muddle pear slices in lemonade 4-5 times to break up pear in shaker
- Fill glass with ice and pour ice into shaker
- Pour St Germaine Elderflower Liquor & Absolute Pear Vodka in shaker
- Shake 4-5 times
- Pour into highball glass and garnish with pear slice and thyme sprig through center
Kabocha Squash Ravioli
10 Kabocha Squash Ravioli (you can also use your favorite squash ravioli)
1 Cup Caramelized Butternut Squash, Diced (see recipe below)
2 oz. Brown Butter (see recipe below)
4 Leaves Crispy Sage (see recipe below)
Walnuts, Hand Crushed and Toasted
• Place ravioli in boiling water until ravioli float. Lay out on tray and cool slightly.
• Heat small saute pan.
• Place caramelized squash and brown butter in pan and heat until warm. Add ravioli once squash is golden brown, season with salt and pepper and heat until warm.
• Pour contents onto plate and drizzle with any leftover brown butter.
• Scatter chopped walnuts and add crispy sage leaves.
• Serve warm.
Caramelized Butternut Squash:
1 Butternut Squash, Peeled
1 oz. Brown Sugar
2 oz. Butter, Softened
1 Pinch Black Pepper, Freshly Cracked
1 Pinch Kosher Salt
1 Pinch Cinnamon
Spritz Canola Oil
• Heat oven to 350*.
• Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
• In a bowl combine all ingredients except oil.
• Spread mixture over all sides of squash.
• Bake in oven cut side down for 40 to 45 minutes. Let Cool.
• Cut roasted squash into ½” cube pieces.
2 Sticks Butter
Squeeze of Fresh Lemon
1 pinch Kosher Salt
• Place butter in sauce pan and turn burner on the lowest setting.
• Allow butter to simmer slowly and melt until the white specks that form in the butter turn pale brown. Remove from heat.
• Cool butter to room temperature and combine with fresh lemon juice and salt.
• Save mixture for caramelizing the butternut squash.
4 Leaves Sage
1 pinch Kosher Salt
2 oz. Canola Oil
• Pick largest sage leaves.
• Place oil in pot and heat to a medium temperature.
• Once heated, place sage carefully into oil. *Caution: adding sage will cause the oil to splatter
• Cook for 30-45 seconds, or until sage is crispy.
• Allow leaves to drain and season with Kosher salt.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.