Kansas City one of 7 cities that could win a ‘dream dog park’ makeover
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Swope Park is one of seven spots across the country with a chance to win a ‘Dream Dog Park’ makeover from Wal-Mart and Purina Beneful. The $30,000 donation could be used towards several types of enhancement projects, including extra benches and tables, shade structures and landscaping and water features.
People can cast a vote by sharing the contest with friends. Each share equals one vote, and voting is open until Nov. 1. Voters can visit www.walmart.com/Beneful to vote and share.
As of Wednesday, Sept. 21, Swope Park only has about five percent of the vote. Indianapolis was in the lead with 46 percent.
The other cities/parks participating in the special promotion include:
- Boomer Street Dog Park near Milwaukee, Wisconsin;
- Broad Ripple Dog Park in Indianapolis, Indiana;
- Leash Free Zone Dog Park near Dallas, Texas;
- Millbrook Dog Park in Raleigh, North Carolina;
- PAW Park in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma;
- Piedmont Park Dog Park in Atlanta, Georgia;
- Swope Dog Park in Kansas City, Missouri
The Beneful Dream Dog Park Project began six years ago. Beneful says it has provided more than $2 million in funding to build new dog parks and improve existing ones.