Montana man posts video apparently showing aftermath of grizzly bear attack (WARNING: graphic content/language)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MADISON VALLEY, Mont. — “Life sucks in bear country.” That’s what one Bozeman, Montana man had to say after he was viciously attacked twice by a grizzly bear. He suffered gruesome injuries, but fortunately, he survived with his life.

Todd Orr posted a video to his Facebook page following the attack in which he recalled the event and showed some of his horrific injuries.

WARNING: The video posted below contains extremely graphic footage of the man’s wounds, including blood and protruding bone. There are also several instances of profanity. Viewer discretion is advised.

Orr vividly describes the reported bear attack in further detail in a separate post.

He said the attack happened while he was scouting for elk and said he even “hollered out ‘hey bear’ about every 30 seconds so as to not surprise any bears along the trail.”

Orr said he came upon a female bear and some cubs.

“I yelled a number of times so she knew I was human and would hopefully turn back. No such luck,” Orr’s post says.

The animal charged instead.

Orr emptied a “full charge of bear spray at about 25 feet” but said the bear’s momentum carried her through the orange mist and to him.

He said he covered his neck with his arms, but he said each bite “was like a sledge hammer with teeth.”

Orr said he sustained the attack, and the bear left after a few minutes. Then, as he was walking back down the trail, the bear returned for a second attack. He said he heard bones snapping as the bear bit his arm.

Orr sustained the second attack, and the bear once again left after a few minutes. He was fortunate enough that his vital organs, eyes, and legs were largely unharmed, allowing him to walk the 3 miles back to his truck.

He said he was able to drive himself to help but had to have someone help him unbuckle his seat belt and park his truck for him.

Orr posted photos of himself recovering in a hospital.

The photos show numerous cuts and scrapes, including a 5-inch gash along the side of his head.

“Not my best day, but I’m alive. So thankful I’m here to share with all of you,” Orr said at the end of his post.