Slow cooker enchilada pasta recipe
Serves 6 (1 cup per serving)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth, or more, as needed
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen or canned
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups uncooked elbow pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves, if desired
Place diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, green chiles, vegetable broth, corn and black beans into a slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir until well combined. Top with cream cheese. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
Uncover and stir until cream cheese is well combined. Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 15-30 minutes. Add more vegetable broth as needed until the desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, if desired.
Nutritional information per servings: Calories 298; Total Fat 5.8g; Saturated Fat 1.5 g; Cholesterol 21 mg; Sodium 272mg; Carbohydrates 55g; Fiber 6g; Protein 12g
Source: adapted from http://damndelicious.net