Restaurant plans pancake breakfast fundraiser to benefit Belton worker injured in 35-foot fall

SHAWNEE, Kan. -- It’s difficult for Linda Smith and Dennis Young to thumb through pictures of their grandson, to see how he once was to what he now must overcome.

Toby Stevenson was on the job, fixing a light in a parking lot nearly five months ago. Reports said he fell about 35 feet from an aerial lift.

“They didn’t expect him to live with him landing on his head,” said Dennis.

“Crushed his skull, his face, his left eye was swollen shut. We couldn’t tell if he could see,” Linda added.

Toby, a father of four, has spent months in rehab relearning the basics: how to sit, stand, and walk. To help out his family, the grandparents reached out to Pegah’s Family Restaurant on Johnson Drive. There will be an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast on Oct. 15. It's $9 for adults and $7 for children.

“All of it, one hundred percent of that money will go to Toby,” said Moe Sharifi, Pegah’s Owner.

They said the amount of prayers and support has been overwhelming. It’s made the road to recovery a little easier.

“He’s strong-willed. He wants to walk for his children and he’ll do it,” said Dennis.

After the investigation, The U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration issued a total of four violations to Electric Shop Inc. The company has contested those violations.