Edamame and Pasta with Feta
Makes 4 servings (1 1/2 cups per serving)
- 4 ounces uncooked whole-grain penne or rotini pasta
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen shelled edamame
- 1 1/2 cups sweet grape tomatoes, quartered
- 16 pitted olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled (optional)
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 medium lemon, halved, optional
- 2 ounces crumbled reduced-fat feta
Cook the pasta according to the package directions, omitting any salt or fats and adding the edamame during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, basil, rosemary (optional), garlic, and pepper flakes. Toss to blend and set aside. Drain the pasta and edamame in a colander, place on a serving platter or pasta bowl, squeeze lemon over all, top with feta, and mound the tomato mixture in the center.
Nutritional information per serving: 235 calories, Total fat: 7; Saturated fat 1.9g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 340 mg; Carbohydrate 32 g; Fiber 7g; Protein 13g.
Source: modified from http://www.diabetes.org
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.