KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Houlihan`s launched a new fall menu on Tuesday, Oct. 11, and to celebrate chef Jeremy Carpenter visited FOX 4 to share his recipe for Fisherman's Wharf ravioli. He said his restaurant will be participating in Cookies for a Cause. For 50 cents, Monday through Friday people can get a cookie. All the money will go to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kansas City.
Fisherman`s Wharf Ravioli
1. Place 9 oz. of ravioli in low boil water for 2-3 minutes. Drain well.
2. Saute 5 oz. of shrimp in pan with 1 oz. of butter, olive oil and margarine blend.
3. In a separate pan, begin cooking the spicy shellfish tomato broth using the following recipe:
a. Place ½ cup of olive oil, ½ cup of minced garlic and 2 TBS of crushed red pepper flakes in a pan. Cook for 3 minutes.
b. Deglaze with 1 cup of white wine.
c. Add ½ cup of lobster base and 6 cups of cold water. Bring to a boil.
d. Once boil is achieved, add tomatoes and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
e. Let cool.
4. Add cooked pasta and shrimp to spicy shellfish tomato broth.
5. Toss pasta and shrimp in sauce to coat evenly.
6. Sprinkle parsley over plated pasta dish.
7. Garnish with a homemade dinner roll.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.