Makes 2 dozen (1 piece per serving)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 8 oz. fresh goat cheese (cream cheese may be substituted)
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets; brush with oil mixture. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with goat cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese begins to melt. In a small bowl, combine strawberries and arugula; layer over cheese.
Nutritional information per serving: 117 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 3g protein.