KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- You don't have to go to Italy to learn how to toss a gourmet pizza together - you just need a few ingredients and a little time.
The executive chef of Grimaldi's Pizzeria, Cory Lattuca, visited FOX 4 Tuesday to show how to make barbecue chicken pizza.
Grimaldi's Pizzeria is now open at Prairiefire off 135th and Nall in Overland Park.
BBQ chicken pizza – 16”
Dough, prescaled – 16”
Mozzarella, sliced – 6 ounces
Chicken – 5.5 ounces
Onions, red – 3 ounces
Bacon – 2 ounces
Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce – 6 ounces
Romano Cheese – 2 tablespoons
Oregano - pinch
Black Pepper - pinch
Cilantro – 0.3 ounces - After Cooking
1. Working on a floured surface, gently roll out the pizza dough to approximately 16 inches in diameter.
2. Lightly flour the baking sheet and place rolled out pizza dough on top.
3. Top the pizza dough with the desired amount of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce.
4. Proceed to top pizza with mozzarella, romano cheese, onions, bacon and chicken.
5. Finish the toppings with a pinch of oregano and black pepper.
6. Place in oven at 500 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
7. After it is done cooking, top with cilantro and let it cool before serving.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.