KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- A FOX 4 crew at the scene of a fire in the 700 block of Orville said that flames spread through one home and two vacant houses on Monday night.
KCKFD reported at about 7:30 p.m. that one of the buildings was engulfed, and the fire required additional emergency response.
— Jerry Paauwe (@JerryPaauwe) September 5, 2017
FOX 4's Robert Townsend reported that a man said he, his 70-year-old mom and two roommates escaped the fire safely. The same man also told him that homeless people often squat inside two neighboring houses that are vacant and huddle inside. FOX 4 is awaiting official word on what sparked the fire.
As of Monday night there were no reported injuries to civilians, but one firefighter did suffer a minor burn injury.