KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- If you're just not feeling gravy from a jar this year for your Thanksgiving gather, head chef of Stroud's, Lane Doughtery, has a recipe for you that's easy to follow.
In the video above, Lane shares just what you need to make the Mark Alford-approved gravy.
During the month of November, Stroud's is offering customers the chance to buy a paper heart for $1. Each heart gets you entered into a drawing for a $500 gift card from KC Hopps.
Stroud's has four locations across the metro including in Fairway, Overland Park and Kansas City, Mo.
Stroud’s Chicken Gravy Recipe
Yield 1.3 gallons
Portion 1 fl oz.
Number of Portions 166.4
Prep 15 minutes
Cook 10 minutes
2 cups Crackling
12 fl ounces Grease
2 tablespoons black 30 mesh pepper
2 tablespoons table salt
13 ounces all-purpose flour, (2 heavy cups)
1.13 gallons 2% milk
- In a saucepan, combine the crackling and the used grease and whip until smooth.
- Add the spices then whip in the flour until dissolved.
- Add the milk (1 Gallon first, then the other 2 cups as necessary to achieve the correct consistency).
- Bring to a boil whipping occasionally to work out any lumps. Strain the Gravy to Make Smooth.
- Transfer to a clean hotel pan and hold hot for service.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.