KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- It's that time of year again. Kansas City Restaurant Week kicks off Friday for the ninth year.
It features more than 140 restaurants, and ten percent of the money raised from each meal you eat will go back to local charities.
Two of the featured restaurants joined Fox 4 Friday to show off how they make some of their popular dishes.
In the video above Cleaver and Cork chef Jon Prange demonstrates how to make bbq pork shoulder and cornbread pudding.
In the video below Red Door Grill executive chef Nathan Holm demonstrates how to make blackened salmon over vegetable orzo with smoked tomato vinaigrette.
Blackened salmon over vegetable orzo with smoked tomato vinaigrette
Serves 2, takes approx. 45 min
4 each vine ripened red tomatoes (smoked)
¼ cup sherry vinegar
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
2 Tablespoons Minced Shallots
1 cup Olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
- Smoke tomatoes for 45 minutes then peel skin off and seed
- In a blender combine the tomatoes, vinegar, dijon, garlic and shallots and puree
- Add the olive oil in a steady slow stream to make a vinaigrette
- Season with salt and taste
2 each 6oz salmon filets
2 tsp blackening spice
1 ounce olive oil
3 cups diced zucchini and squash
½ cup red peppers julienned
16 ounce cooked orzo pasta
1 cup spinach
½ cup tomato vinaigrette
- Season salmon fillets liberally with the cajun spice and grill or sear then set aside
- In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium heat until shimmering
- Add zucchini and squash and cook 1 minute until slightly tender
- Add red peppers and orzo and toss until hot
- Add spinach and vinaigrette until spinach is slightly wilted
- Plate pasta in a bowl then top with salmon
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salmon
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.