KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- In honor of April 2 being National Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Day, FOX4 invited executive chef of Pinstripes, Brandon Johnson, into the FOX4 kitchen to share a sophisticated twist on the classic, kid-friendly sandwich. Watch the video above for his creation.
Mini brioche, 3/4" thick slices Clarified butter - 4 each 1 oz
Tenderloin medallion, 1.5 oz
Espresso crust - 1 tsp
Raspberry preserves, Bon Maman - 2 tsps
NuttZo, nut and seed butter - 2 tsps
Blueberry, fresh Raspberry, fresh Blackberry, fresh - 2 each
1. Coat BOTH sides of each piece of bread with butter
2. Place on the panini press to get marks on both sides
3. Cut the medallion in half, long ways, creating two equal sized round pieces
4. Place the crust on a skillet plate, coat both sides of the meat with crust
5. Place the meat on the grill and cook to Medium Rare
6. Once the bread has clean grill marks, remove from the panini press
7. On the inside portion of the bottom piece of bread, spread the raspberry preserves over the entire slice, 1 tsp per sandwich
8. On the inside portion of the top piece of bread, spread the peanut butter over the entire slice, 1 tsp per sandwich
9. Place the fruit on the skewer: Blueberry, raspberry then blackberry. Do this for two separate skewers.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.