The following represent brief/broad descriptions. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, to represent a comprehensive and/or exhaustive description of all the duties/responsibilities and requisite skills of each position.
WDAF-TV/FOX 4 is looking for an executive producer with a college degree, 5 years minimum experience, excellent writing, interpersonal and organization skills. We want someone with positive leadership, teambuilding and supervisory skills. The candidate should have the ability to work flexible hours, under tight deadlines and with breaking news situations.
Please submit a resume and link of one or more newscasts to:
Tracy Brogden Miller
WDAF-TV FOX 4
Kansas City, MO 64108
No phone calls please.
WDAF Fox 4 is accepting applications for an experienced newscast director to join our team. The applicant should work well under pressure and have 3-5 years directing or technical directing experience. The primary duties of the position include coding and directing automated newscasts, working in conjunction with producers to create an original and exciting newscast, and coding, operation of robotic cameras and some commercial editing.
For consideration, please apply at www.tribunemediacareers.com Filter the job search by location, MO-Kansas City; 3030 Summit, to view all open positions at WDAF. Please indicate where you first learned of the position. WDAF-TV and Tribune Media are Equal Opportunity Employers.
WDAF Fox 4 TV is seeking a photographer to join our news team. Duties will include photographing and editing news stories, special events and live shots creatively. Candidates should be able to operate microwave live vans and set up live shots. Understanding the use of lighting, photographic, audio and editing techniques in news production is required. We are seeking a self-starter who works well as a member of a team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting or related field preferred
• Two+ years television news experience
• Understand use of lighting, photographic, audio and editing techniques
• Expert at editing Final Cut Pro and Sony EX3
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving history required.
• Insures sound and picture quality of all stories shot.
• Works alone or with a reporter to shoot and edit stories for broadcast.
• Operates ENG microwave vans.
• Non-linear digital editing systems and related programs.
• The ability to read maps/use GPS and navigate quickly.
• Maintains inventory of all assigned equipment and responsible for its up-keep.
• Examines, maintains, and performs routine maintenance of any assigned equipment.
• Establish good working relationship with co-workers, officials and the public.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Dexterity to operate camera, VTR, etc. Vision to shoot and edit videotape. Ability to lift up to 100 pounds of equipment consisting of camera, VTR’s, tapes, tripods, batteries, etc. Ability to get into nooks, crannies, and high places to shoot video. Ability to read road maps. Works in all types of weather conditions. Dexterity for operating keys and buttons on computer and typewriter. Vision and hearing and vocal communication skills used to gather and report news. Ability to climb ladders and get in remote places to report stories. Ability to use radios, audio equipment, telephones, etc. in newsgathering.
For consideration please apply to http://www.tribunemediacareers.com Filter the job search by location, MO-Kansas City; 3030 Summit, to view all open positions at WDAF. Please indicate where you first learned of the position and include a resume, cover letter and link to past work. WDAF-TV and Tribune Media are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Part Time Production Assistant
The primary focus of the Part Time Production Assistant is to provide assistance for live newscasts and other in-studio production.
There are two main responsibilities for live newscasts:
1. Perform the role of Floor Manager by following the assigned rundown, guiding talent to designated areas, greeting and assisting guests for appearances and communicating instructions.
2. Operate the teleprompter.
Previous television studio experience and a related college degree are preferred.
Solid communication skills and the physical ability to lift heavy ladders and lights are required. Previous television studio experience and a related college degree are preferred. Lighting board experience.
If you are interested in this position please apply online at http://www.tribunemedia.com/#/?page_id=15562. Filter the Job Search by Location, US-MO-Kansas City, to view all open WDAF positions. Please include a resume, completed application, a link to past work and an indication of where you first learned of the position. WDAF Fox 4 and Tribune Media are Equal Opportunity Employers.