FOX 4 Cost Cutters: Save Even More!
You have the cards, you use stacks of coupons, now what? Most of the stores you shop at have extra savings that you may not even know about. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Register your Price Chopper Shopper card here. You’ll get an e-mail every week with extra coupons.
- If you earn enough to get a gas discount at QuikTrip, use it! You’re already spending the money, and you’re going to need gas, don’t let your discount expire
- Price Match Guarantee. Each week Price Chopper has certain items that they advertise with a lowest price guarantee. If you find a lower price, Price Chopper will honor it.
- Price Chopper also offers a $0.05 discount for every bag you reuse at checkout.
- Fundraising Booklets. Kids will be selling them to raise money for schools or clubs. They cost $5 each. These are store coupons. If your store allows it, the coupons can be stacked with manufacture coupons for extra savings.
- Now Wow Deals. Sign up to get a weekly deal text. Each deal is good for a day, or sometimes just a few hours. The text will have all the info you need. To subscribe text NOWWOWS to 49833. Keep in mind, standard text messaging rates apply.
- Check with your Pharmacy if you get prescriptions filled. Some locations offer deals like 10% off your grocery bill with every 10 prescriptions you fill.
- Hy-Vee offers a gas discount too. You have to use it the same day you shop. It’s $0.05 off a gallon when you spend up to $150. It’s $0.10 off a gallon when you spend more than $150.
- Some store locations offer $0,10 off a gallon of gas with every prescription filled.
- Double Coupons. Hen House doubles coupons up to and including $0.50. Wait for a sale on the item you are buying to stretch your money even more.
- Clipless coupons. Again, make sure to register your store loyalty card here. Hen House has clipless coupons that are loaded right to your card. (double check to make sure you get the discount at checkout)
- Holiday Celebration. Mark your calenders! The Hen House Holiday Celebration is October 28-30 at the Overland Park Convention Center. You do have to pay to get in, but if you are going, make sure to take your loyalty card with you. The card will be scanned and “loaded” with all kinds of clipless coupons you can use while shopping at Hen House.
- Again, register your card. Kansas City is a test market for the Walgreens card. It means that the deals are a little different for us. There aren’t as many Register Rewards available. That’s because you earn points for certain products you buy. Those points add up. When you create an account at walgreens.com you’ll be able to exchange those points for gift cards or Walgreens gift certificates.
- Pick up a Walgreens coupon booklet. They are usually located next to the weekly ads in the store. The booklets have all kinds of extra savings you can use. Plus they are store coupons so you can stack them with manufacture coupons.
- Scan your card every time you walk in the door at the red price check machine. It will spit out coupons and Extra Care Bucks. Keep in mind these coupons are store coupons, so you can stack them with manufacture coupons. Keep scanning that card until the machine says “no more offers, check back tomorrow.” It will usually spit out more than one round of coupons.
- Register your CVS card here. If you lose your ECBs, you can always print them from your computer. Plus CVS will send additional coupons and ECB to your account several times a year.
- Sign up for the beauty club when you register at CVS.com. You will earn ECBs for every $50 you spend on beauty products. Even better, you don’t have to spend all $50 in one visit!
- Buy a Green Bag Tag for $0.99 and put it on your reusable shopping bag. Make sure the tag is scanned every time you use the bag. You’ll earn $1 in ECB for every 4 scans.
- Get a REDcard. It’s Target’s Debit Card and it saves you 5% off everything you buy! It is linked right to your bank account or credit card. Info is available in store.
- Ask about the prescription benefit card. It will get you a 5% off coupon for every 5 prescriptions you fill at a Target Pharmacy.
- Check out Target.com for all their store coupons. Again, these are store coupons. You’ll be able to stack with manufacture coupons. You should be able to print each coupon twice per computer.
- You can also sign up to get Target Text Alerts. These are coupons that are texted to you. You just show your text to the clerk when you are checking out. Your phone will be scanned and you’ll get the discount. Click here for more information. Again standard text messaging rates apply.
- Target also has a daily deal available every day on its website. Click here for more information.
- Target will give you a $0.05 bag credit for each reusable bag you use.
- Price match. Find something on sale or cheaper at another store? Take in the ad and price match it at Walmart. Depending on you store, you may be able to price match generic brand names too.
- Read your coupons carefully. If there’s not a size restriction, check out the travel section to get items like shampoo, body wash, toothpaste and laundry detergent very cheap or even free.
- Overages. Walmart is the only store I shop at that actually will give you cash back if your coupons add up to more than your purchase price. This may vary by store. One thing you can do is buy milk, meat or something else you need that doesn’t often go on sale to eat up that overage.
- All You. It’s a magazine sold only at Walmart or by subscription. It’s full of coupons and money saving tips. Most coupons can be used at other stores too.