Two Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — Two people are in the hospital after being exposed to Carbon Monoxide. The father and son called 911 when they began feeling sick at their duplex near 79th & England on Tuesday night.

When firefighters arrived at the home, they found both people suffering from CO poisoning. Fire crews traced the cause to a generator that was running in the garage. The duplex was without power and the resident was using the generator to run a heater and some appliances.

The Carbon Monoxide readings in the house were more than 20 times what is considered dangerous. The people living at the home didn’t have a Carbon Monoxide detector.

This is the second time in less than 24 hours that Overland Park residents have had dangerously close calls with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.