KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Hy-Vee and St. Luke's are offering Heart Healthy Cooking Classes. Dietitian Sue Kidd made an Oriental Citrus Salad to show how to "cook with cardiowellness".
Oriental Citrus Salad
- 4 cups Earthbound Farm® organic fresh spinach*
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 4 Clementine oranges, peeled and divided into slices**
- Hy-Vee HealthMarket™ organic sesame-ginger dressing or Kraft Light Asian Dressing
- Optional Toppings: Chicken, grilled shrimp, mango-ginger Stilton cheese, Asian noodles, water chestnuts, mushrooms (optional toppings)
- Divide spinach evenly among 4 dinner plates.
- Top each with almonds, Clementine slices and other toppings, if desired.
- Add 1 tablespoon sesame-ginger dressing to each individual salad and serve.
*Any of your favorite salad greens will work
**Navel oranges, mandarin oranges or canned mandarin oranges will also work
Cooking with CardioWellness" classes will be offered at the following locations:
Independence Hy-Vee on 2/8 at 6 p.m.
Prairie Village Hy-Vee on 2/9 at 6:00 p.m.
Liberty Hy-Vee on 2/10 at 6 p.m.