Nicoise Inspired Spring Salad
- ½ to 1 pound baby new potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound thin green beans, blanched & dried
- 6 cups Boston or bibb lettuce, rinsed & dried
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 4 hard cooked eggs, cut in wedges
- 2 cans Albacore tuna, packed in water, drained and chunked
- ¼ cup brine packed olives
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
Shake all vinaigrette ingredients in a jar with a lid.
Boil potatoes until tender, about 10 – 12 minutes. Blanch green beans until crisp-tender. Toss potatoes, green beans, tomatoes and onions in vinaigrette. Arrange lettuce on chilled plate and top with vegetables. Arrange egg wedges around perimeter of salad. Top with chunks of tuna and olives.
Lisa Farmer, “Cooking with Lisa,” Wednesday’s at 12:47.