Cigarette to Blame for Blaze- Destroys Blue Springs Hotel

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BLUE SPRINGS, Mo. -- A cigarette is to blame for a fire that destroyed a hotel in Blue Springs. A spokesperson for the Central Jackson Fire Department tells FOX 4 that someone threw the cigarette into some mulch and the fire burned through the wall and up into the attic. The fire eventually gutted the majority of the building.

Fire broke out at the Comfort Inn at 1501 NW Northridge Drive shortly before 4:00 p.m. on Friday afternoon. Dozens of firefighters from a number of different municipalities gathered to fight the blaze.

The hotel was evacuated, and nobody was hurt in the blaze, which spread through all three floors of the hotel into the attic.

YouTube user Bryan Sodoma shot the following video of the fire:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.