Boil Order Issued in Gardner
GARDNER, Kan. — The City of Gardner, Kansas has issued a boil order because of a water main break. The line broke on Saturday evening which caused a loss of water pressure.
The break also means chlorine residuals may drop to a level that would not protect against bacterial contamination.
Here are some tips offered by the city.
- Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation, or use bottled water.
- Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic icemaker.
- Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
- If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.