Pet Knocks Over Lamp, Starts Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — A home in Lee’s Summit was damaged after a pet knocked over a warming lamp, igniting nearby combustibles.

Firefighters said the owner came home and discovered the house filing with smoke from a fire in the basement. Firefighters said they responded to the house fire in the 1100 block of NE Woodbury Court just after 9 a.m. on Wednesday.

When firefighters arrived, the lower level of the home was filled with heavy smoke. Firefighters quickly extinguished a small fire in the lower level living room and rescued several animals from the home and provided care.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a clamp-on lamp used to warm a pet in a cage. Another pet tipped over the cage and the lamp ignited nearby combustibles. No one was injured in the fire and the pets are expected to be okay.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s