Creamy Mexican Dip
1 PointsPlus Value
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 0 min
Other time: 0 min
Perfect for a party. Serve with fresh vegetables as well as chips for a total crowd pleaser.
- 1 cup(s) plain fat-free yogurt, Greek variety recommended
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free salsa, hot chipotle variety suggested
- 1/2 item (s): medium advocado, diced
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 small uncooked red onion(s) chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt and salsa until blended; stir in remaining ingredients except garnishes. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- When ready to serve, transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with garnishes. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving.
- This dip combines all those favorite Mexican flavors like salsa, avocado and cilantro using fat-free Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
It also makes a wonderful topping for tacos or other Mexican foods — and then you don’t have to set out separate bowls of salsa, sour cream, avocado, cilantro and onion.