Sneaky grilled cheese
- 4 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup prepared chunky salsa
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Combine Cheddar, zucchini, carrot, cilantro and salsa in a medium bowl. Divide among 4 slices of bread and top with the remaining bread.
- Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 panini in the pan. Place the medium skillet on top of the panini, then weigh it down with the 4 can goods. Cook the panini until golden on one side, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, flip the panini, replace the top skillet and cans, and cook until the second side is golden, 1 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with another 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining panini.
Per serving: 331 calories; 14 g fat ( 5 g sat , 2 g mono ); 30 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 5 g fiber; 523 mg sodium; 163 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value), Calcium (30% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv), Iron (15% dv).