Do it yourself (DIY) remains one of the top wedding trends for 2013 and Michael's, North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer and DIY wedding destination, wants to help brides plan their wedding day without breaking their budget.
Michaels' top DIY wedding trends of 2013:
- Heirloom Romance: Soft and feminine, this trend features pale pastels in both flowers and paper products. The look is refined, while keeping a romantic, handmade quality.
- Purple Luxe: With hues of lavender, violet, plum, lilac and mauve, there is a purple to match every shade of love: passionate, romantic, forever. Gilded elements and ombre enhance the royal feel of this trend.
- Seaside Bliss: Inspired by the joys of a laid-back day at the beach, blue, coral and white combine to create a sleek, elegant and luxuriously casual feeling – the perfect look for breezy summer weddings.
- Pink Pop and Mod: For the bride who loves bold, clean, art-inspired looks, the vibrant colors of yellow, hot pink and orange inspire this graphic wedding trend.
- Classic Glam: The classic elegance of old Hollywood is embraced by the black-and-white color scheme that defines this trend: sophisticated and refined. Glitter and metallic touches add sparkle and shine to this glamorous wedding theme.
- Rustic Elegance: With burlap and lace, this theme is perfect for the casual bride who still wants that touch of Southern elegance at her wedding. The trend is inspired by a trip to the country: handmade signs, country stores, jelly jars and an indoor-meets-outdoor feel.
- Whimsy Carnival: For the kid in all of us, the magical feeling of a carnival highlights this wedding trend. Featuring bold, bright colors, the theme may be carried out with playful pinwheels, balloons and colorful paper products.
Michael's Tricia James appeared on Tuesday's FOX 4 Morning Show to share unique do it yourself wedding crafts.
For more information on DIY wedding crafts: