RAYMORE, Mo. -- Two families are getting help from their community after losing everything in a Raymore apartment fire Tuesday night.
The fire left one woman and a four-month old baby badly burned.
Michelle Sellars saved four children. Two of them are her own; the other two are her friend's.
"I went 'super woman mommy' on these kids," she said. "I was like, 'Get up, get out!' We were out the door. I grabbed this baby up out of the fire."
Deyvion Griffen, the 4-month-old little boy, was taken to the Shriners Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, where he's in critical condition. Sellars says he was burned on his face, hands and feet.
"He's got a long road ahead of him. He had 22 per cent of his body burned," she said. "They were second and third degree burns."
The fire has been ruled an accident by investigators. Sellars said she had a candle lit in the room and when she returned from the kitchen after getting something to drink, she saw the flames.
"I pushed the bassinet lid down, ripped the blanket off the baby. I grabbed him, pulled him out, went into the back room to get my two-year-old and by this point the smoke alarm is going off," she remembered.
Sellars has two boys. Aidan is three-years old and Shane is almost two. His birthday is Saturday.
Deyvion's sister, Calistah, also made it out okay. Sellars suffered second and third degree burns on her hands and arms.
She also lost everything.
Sellars is living with family now. She says she needs items for her boys including beds, toys and clothes.
"I had presents in the top of the closet. I've seen pictures. Everything is just black. So I'm pretty sure all of his presents are gone," she said about the birthday gifts she bought for Shane.
Spare Change Thrift Store in Raymore is taking donations of all kind. Their phone number is 816-322-3283