Paleo Diet: Chocolate Chips Cookies
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe by Clark, The Trainer
3 ¼ cup almond meal
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
½ cup honey (maple syrup or agave nectar works too)
½ cup coconut oil, melted
1 ½ cups cacao nibs (pure chocolate chips and vegan chocolate chips work too)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grab a cookie sheet and some parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Combine 3 and 1/4 cups of almond flour (Trader Joe’s almond meal is by far the best, and it’s cheaper than Red Mill or others) with a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 eggs, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of coconut oil and 1/2 cup of either honey, pure maple syrup, or agave nectar.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients then add 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips. The darker the chips the more paleo friendly they are, but the dairy free ones from Trader Joe’s taste pretty good. (The dough will look pretty wet, I placed my dough in the fridge to firm up a bit before rolling them into balls, but you can just pop them into the oven as is.)
- Spoon them onto your parchment and pop them in the oven. This recipe makes about 24 cookies. Bake them for about 8-10 minutes (the tops will start to get golden brown). If they go longer than that the bottoms burn because of the sugar in the honey.
- Remove from oven. Cool on parchment and enjoy.