It's something every parent has to deal with, but it doesn't have to be a pain or a dirty ol' mess.
The Family Conservancy's Meg Fuehne has tips on how to make the potty training process for children as clean and as fool-proof as possible.
- Look for signs your child is ready for potty training
- Let your child set the pace
- Practice sitting on the potty at regular times during the day
- Do not shame or punish a child for having an accident.
- Wait until after a major change occurs before potty training (such as moving, new baby, etc)
For more information, check out their website located at http://www.thefamilyconservancy.org/