Bean Salad by Jami Mitchell
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 ears shucked corn
- 1 medium white onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 Poblano pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 diced peeled avocados
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
2. Place the tomatoes in a large bowl, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. Brush corn, onion, and poblano evenly with oil. Place vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill corn for 12 minutes or until lightly charred, turning after 6 minutes. Grill onion slices and poblano 8 minutes or until lightly charred, turning after 4 minutes. Let vegetables stand 5 minutes. Cut kernels from cobs. Coarsely chop onion. Finely chop poblano; discard stem and seeds. Add corn, onion, and poblano to tomato mixture; toss well. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and next 6 ingredients (through kidney beans) to corn mixture; toss well. Top with avocado. Makes 12 servings.
Saturated fat: 0.9g
Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g