Fire starts in the smoke stack at KCK’s Gates BBQ restaurant

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- The Gates BBQ restaurant at 10th and State Avenue was damaged early Wednesday morning by fire.

Firefighters were called out at about midnight after employees reported smelling smoke.

Firefighters say the fire started in the smoke stack. They had to cut a hole in the roof to reach the fire, and got it under control after about an hour.

The restaurant will be closed for cleanup and repair and until the health department can check out the damage.

Damage is estimated at $100,000

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s