Stay weather aware Thursday

Paramedics respond to bleach poisoning, find children living in filthy conditions

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WICHITA, Kan. – Paramedics responded to a home on Monday for an accidental poisoning. Upon arrival they discovered a two-year-old girl had accidentally ingested a cup of bleach. She was treated at a hospital and released unharmed

KWCH reports that the paramedics found her and her one-year-old brother living in unsanitary conditions among seven adults. Police said there was fecal matter in the home in addition to a bug infestation and the home had no running water.

The children are now in police custody. Police said they are working to help the family instead of filing criminal charges.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.