Family still hopes for answers after father was shot, killed

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GRANDVIEW, Mo. -- It's been three months since 28 -year-old Timothy Ford was shot several times and killed inside his home in south Kansas City, Mo.

Ford's fiancée says April 10 was a horrifying day for her entire family.

"They just kicked in the front door, shouted 'police, police' and shot Timothy several times as he hopped out of our bed," said Tanesha Whitelaw.

"I don't know why someone would just shoot him. We had been together 12 years, he was a good father to our children and he was wouldn't harm anybody," Whitelaw said Wednesday as she and several relatives and friends returned to Ford's former residence on near 105th Street and Grandview.

Whitelaw and the couple's children, ages 2, 6, 9 and 13, have since moved out of the home where their loved one was killed.

"I have no idea why it happened. My son had a good heart and would help anyone he could," Timothy's mother, Sharlene Ford said.

During the candlelight vigil, relatives pleaded for information that would help find his killers and solve Ford's unsolved murder.

"We just know that someone saw something. We're asking that person or people to pick up the phone, call police, tell somebody," said Ford.

While several neighbors tell FOX 4 the crime was drug-related, police, however, haven't confirmed that.

Family members say Timothy Ford worked as a janitor at a daycare and rehabilitated homes.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s