“Glee” star Cory Monteith’s death ruled accidental

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Cory Monteith

Cory Monteith

VICTORIA, British Columbia – The investigation into actor Cory Monteith’s death was finalized on Wednesday. According to a release from the British Columbia Coroners Service, Monteith died due to mix of drug toxicity and ingested alcohol and his death has been ruled accidental.

Investigators found drug paraphernalia in his hotel room including: a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle. They also found two empty champagne bottles. Monteith had checked into the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in downtown Vancouver on July 6. When he failed to check out on July 13, hotel staff checked his room and discovered his body.

The coroner also confirmed that Monteith had a history of illicit drug use, marked with intermittent periods of rehab and abstinence. A period of abstinence from opioids, including heroin, can diminish a person’s tolerance.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.