Infant suffers burn injuries after caretaker places car seat on stove

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DENVER, Colo. – An infant who was strapped into a car seat suffered burn injuries after the caretaker placed the car seat on top of a stove. According to affiliate KDVR, police are now investigating the incident after they were called in by firefighters who responded to call on Thursday afternoon.

The Denver Police Department stated in a Facebook post that their investigators learned that the caretaker was tending to another child after placing the car seat on the stove. The chair ignited and the infant suffered burns to its backside. The infant was taken to Children’s Hospital Colorado.

People inside the home were ordered to speak with detectives after the child was taken by an emergency crew. No formal charges have been announced yet but the investigation is ongoing.

Leave a Reply to Tara Elaine Painter Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

2 comments

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.