Recipe from fruitandveggiesmorematter.org
All you need:
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peeled parsnips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peeled carrots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peeled turnips
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ tsp grated lime zest
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
All you do:
- Boil 1 quart of water. Combine lettuce and cilantro and divide onto 4 plates.
- Place parsnips, carrots and turnips into boiling water. Return water to a simmer; cook vegetables for 2 minutes. Strain into colander.
- Mix lime juice, lime zest, sugar, chili powder and olive oil to make dressing. Place hot vegetables on top of greens and top with homemade salad dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information (per serving): 90 calories, 4 g fat (0.5 g saturated fat), 1 g protein, 14 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 24 mg sodium; each serving is an excellent source of vitamins A, C and K, and a good source of fiber, folate, manganese and potassium.