KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- National Socialist Movement rally attendees planning to participate at the November 9th rally should be prepared to show up without much extra baggage. KCPD announced on Thursday that every person entering the area designated for the rally at the Jackson County Courthouse will be screened and many items will not be permitted.
The list of prohibited items includes, but is not limited to:
- Firearms, regardless of permit
- Backpacks and purses
- Baby carriages/strollers and wagons
- Poles or sticks attached to any flag or sign
- Personal defense sprays regardless of size
- Aerosol spray cans
- Liquid containers, including water bottles
- Knives of any type
- Padlocks, chains, cable, rope, etc.
- All items that can be utilized as projectiles (ball, rock, etc)
- Portable heaters
- Bullhorns/Speakers or other sound devices that haven't had the proper permit applied for from the city for this particular rally.
- Any item police deems as a possible weapon
Entry will only be allowed at specific points and everyone will be screened. Any person attempting to enter with a prohibited item will be refused entry. Items that are prohibited can be placed at a secure site away from the rally, items that are not collected after the rally will be disposed of.