Firefighters responded to an electrical fire at the Shoal Creek Animal Hospital in the Northland Monday morning.
About 30 dogs and two cats were evacuated from the hospital, located at Flintlock and NE Shoal Creek Valley Drive. No animals or people suffered injury.
Firefighters said an air conditioning unit on top of the building caused the fire, but firefighters were able to extinguish it quickly.
Animal Control was on the scene and was expected to assess the damage before giving the all-clear for animals to be allowed to return to the building.