OLATHE, Kan. -- An Olathe, Kan., man suffered minor smoke inhalation Friday morning after he returned to a burning home to retrieve his Xbox Friday morning, firefighters said.
Firefighters said the fire started around 3 a.m. in the back bedroom of a home in the 800 block of E. Loula St in Olathe.
Two men who lived inside the home heard smoke alarms and were able to get out of the house. One man ran back inside to retrieve his Xbox and suffered minor smoke inhalation. He was treated at the scene.
The house suffered extensive damage.
Firefighters encourage everyone to check their smoke alarms to ensure they're working properly.